These are unanswered questions which we've reviewed and decided are within Stampy's scope. Feel free to answer them if you want to help out. Your answers will be reviewed, stamped, and possibly improved by others so don't worry about them not being perfect :)
Many of the below answers already have a bulletpoint sketch by Rob over on this Google Doc, you are encouraged to turn those into full answers!
Will superintelligence make a large part of humanity unemployable?
Some economists say human wants are infinite, and there will always be new and currently unimaginable kinds of jobs for people to do.
Others say this won't be true if AGI can do _anything_ human minds can do.
Details on how to use each feature are on the individual pages.
- Questions (262) - List of all questions except those from YouTube.
- Add question - Form to add new questions.
- Answer questions (129) - List of questions which we want answers to, ordered by quality.
- Curate questions (76) - List of questions which we want answers to, with easy buttons for setting quality.
- Review questions (19) - Review new incoming questions, to check for duplicates, quality, and relevance.
- Untagged questions (73) - Questions without any tags.
- Prioritize YouTube questions (222) - Prioritize questions from YouTube, so Stampy posts good ones when you ask.
- Canonical questions (347) - List of all canonical questions.
- Non-canonical questions (7) - List of all non-canonical questions.
- Questions from YouTube (2,940) - List of all questions from YouTube.
- Write answers (129) - Write answers to unanswered questions.
- Answers (162) - All the answers except those directed at questions from YouTube.
- Canonical answers (168) - List of all canonical answers.
- Non-canonical answers (68) - List of all non-canonical answers.
- YouTube answers (267) - List of all answers responding to questions from YouTube.
- Recent answers (23) - The most recent answers.
- Potentially canonical answers (46) - Answers to canonical questions which don't already have a canonical answer.
- Non-canonical answers to canonical questions (46)
- Recent YouTube answers (1) - The most recent answers to YouTube questions.
- Orphan answers (171)
- Wants related (109)
- Untagged answers (10)
- Outdated answers (4)
- Wants brief (43)
- Answers in need of work (5)
- Canonical answers with low stamps (171) - Canonical answers which are not yet highly rated and might need improvement.
- Stampy's Public Discord - Ask there for an invite to the real one, until OpenAI approves our chatbot for a public Discord
- Wiki stats - Graphs over time of active users, edits, pages, response time, etc
- Google Drive - Folder with Stampy-related documents
Other than the usual fare of writing and processing and organizing questions and answers, here are some specific open tasks:
- Porting over some of Steve Byrnes's FAQ on alignment
- Porting over content from Vael Gates's post
- Porting over QA pairs from https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/8c8AZq5hgifmnHKSN/agi-safety-faq-all-dumb-questions-allowed-thread
- Porting over some of https://aisafety.wordpress.com/
- Making sure we cover all of https://forum.effectivealtruism.org/posts/8JazqnCNrkJtK2Bx4/why-eas-are-skeptical-about-ai-safety#Recursive_self_improvement_seems_implausible and the responses