Don't worry about accidentally adding duplicates if a simple search does not find what you're looking for, the team will process incoming questions and match them to existing ones.
We are interested in:
- Introductory questions closely related to the field e.g.
- "How long will it be until transformative AI arrives?"
- "Why might advanced AI harm humans?"
- Technical questions related to the field e.g.
- "What is Cooperative Inverse Reinforcement Learning?"
- "What is Logical Induction useful for?"
- Questions about how to contribute to the field e.g.
- "Should I get a PhD?"
- "Where can I find relevant job opportunities?"
More good examples can be found at canonical questions.
We do not aim to cover:
- Aspects of AI Safety or fairness which are not strongly relevant to existential safety e.g.
- "How should self-driving cars weigh up moral dilemmas"
- "How can we minimize the risk of privacy problems caused by machine learning algorithms?"
- Extremely specific and detailed questions the answering of which is unlikely to be of value to more than a single person e.g.
- "What if we did <multiple paragraphs of dense text>? Would that result in safe AI?"